Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year and by the way we had an outage!


First off,  Happy New Year to everyone!  It has been a year of change here at AOL Games and games.com and I want to thank everyone for playing on our site and enjoying the games we have.  It's been an interesting year here and 2008 promises to be our best year!

With the pleasantries out of the way,  I do have to issue a Mea Culpa on behalf of the games team.  It seems yesterday,  for about 3 hours we had an outage for the  majority of our games.  The error was caused by a memory leak in the Java software that runs the chat in our games.  Once it was discovered our team worked hard to get it repaired.   The bug occurred affect our games from approximately 7 PM ET to 10:15 ET.

I know, I know,  there are no excuses and it shouldn't happen again,  but I thought it best to acknowledge that it happens.  We're in the business of software and that software is games.  Sometimes things go wrong. I wish I had known about it so that I could have posted sooner.  Outages happen and I know you folks understand that.  It our job to make sure you folks know that we are aware and working on it.

Thanks for understanding and have a great week!

No comments: