Friday, November 3, 2006

Some games to play.

Link Back To Game Talk

Instead of adding the news right away,  I thought I would talk about some games that I have tracked down on the web that I enjoy playing.
A fella who tracked all the top Digg games compiled them and made a little website where you can go to play them.
The site is:
http://www.games1.org/

There are about 25-30 games listed and they vary from style.  Some are just simply play around games where you just simply swing around and have fun while others are more in the video game style

My favorite right now is:


Poom
Basically,  all you do is bounce a ball on a platform and try and keep it in the air.  It sounds pretty simply until you start doing the thing!  There are different types of tiles that affect the bounce of the ball in different ways.  Holy cow!  What a fun game and a wonderful time waster! (This is what I get to do at my job!) The trick I see so far is to of course follow the shadow of the ball, which is how you know where it is,  and to keep using the booster tile.
I really recommend it!

Just one more for now.
The other game I really enjoy is a quick strategy game that is similar to the old game Risk,  this one is called


Dice Wars
This is pretty simple version of Risk with 2-7 opponents.  The more opponents you have have the more difficult the game is.  You just click your territory, then an opponents and the dice roll.  The player with the higher number takes the territory.  So much fun and simply execution.
Let me know if you have any games that you really enjoy and if they are available I'll try and have them added to AOL games.

No comments: