Tuesday, November 7, 2006

The News

Link Back To Game Talk



Wow gang! It has been a while since I strictly posted about the news.  Here goes!

Microsoft has announced they will be offering downloadable television and movies via X Box Live.  This my friends is big news!  As you may have known,  I mentioned this is one of my first posts.  Microsoft subsidized its X Box and now has consoles in peoples homes.  They are going to be taking on Apple and the juggernaught of iTunes on this one.  Its going to get really interesting, really soon!  Full disclosure,  the X Box 360 does not have a hard drive built in,  while the PS3 does.

The Nintendo DS has been nominated as one of the gadgets of the year! WOO HOO!  I don't have one but the kids tell me its a really good time.  Its cute and all,  but I still see more people playing PSP on the train than anything else?  Maybe its just that the PSP is huge?

Oh,  this just in.  Guitar Hero is cool.  Seems rockstars play video games too!  Why do you know!  Its always funny when major news outlets get the news and write these sorts of pieces.  Makes me laugh!

I love that Joystiq does this with reviews!  They do the metareview of games.  Instead of writing their own,  they simply compile everyone elses! This one is for Gears Of War
Everyone seems to love this game and think it may be the Killer App the old X Box 360 needs to hang until the Halo 3 comes.  Good times!

Europeans are still reeling from not getting there PS3's and now Sony essentially admits they dropped the ball
They just couldn't product those CRAZY blue lasers!

Here is Joystiq's follow up on the retracted Neverwinter Nights review from 1up.com I talked to some of the kids here and they seem to believe you gotta leave it up. You don't have to explain yourself.  Its just the way it goes.  Sure it was a bad review and maybe the editors shouldn't have let the guy review it,  but your a major online publication.  STAND BY YOUR WRITER!

No comments: