Tuesday, October 16, 2007

What I owe you; Info AOL games is to Provide

I have been posting a lot across the message boards and and I just want to consolidate some of the things I've already been talking about.
1.  A Slingo time line.  There has been some confusion as to what has gone on and some he said, he said.  AOL is going to outline our view of the Slingo launch and get that out on the web.  It is important that we disclose the information we have so that you all are aware.  It may be too little too late,  but we own that to you all.
2. What is going to be repaired on AOL Games, Games.com.  I asked our product manager and project manager here to give me a detailed list of what issues will be repaired and when.  While dates are never set in stone I would like to make sure everyone knows what is being fixed and when. 

3.  Issues concerning Java. Java is the software that runs many of the games on our site and runs ALL of the Pogo games.  Sometimes two-weeks ago an automatic update of Java came out and updated people AOL Client software.  While that is well and good,  it also created havoc with our games.  We've found that people using the latest Java (1.6 version 3) are getting errors  or denials of service in the client.
This is ruining many people game play.
I know most of you are not willing to get in there and go changing your whole computers,  so the best fix in the short term is to use ANY BROWSER ASIDE FROM AOL.  I know that sounds terrible but right now,  we're having trouble getting the latest Java to work.

No comments: