Tuesday, October 30, 2007

AOL news on Club Pogo


Good morning everyone,

I want to thank everyone for their continued feedback and help on our redesign.  You have all made this site better.  First time in a long time, the AOL games team is listening. This is a credit to the people on this board. We're making changes to the site as quickly as we can. It's not the fastest but it is change and change for the good.

Pogo, our long standing game partner, as was posted in the five free Club Pogo games, has decided that they will no longer be offering their five free Club Pogo game previews.
We regret no longer being able to offer the games you know and love for free.

Pogo is offering free access to Club Pogo for those who love the games.
Free Two-Week Trial of Club Pogo
http://www.pogo.com/marketing/oct-guestpass/index.jsp?site=aolf

This offer will be available until November 11th.

I know AOL and Pogo have made a lot of changes lately and not everyone has agreed with them.  Understand that these were changes made independently by two companies who are trying to position themselves for the future. We are all upset with the timing of the change and hope that this will be the last major change to the site for a while.

I will be here to answer any questions you all may have.
Again, thank you for your time and I appreciate everyone's passion for their games.

EDIT January 11th:  I just want to clarify something.  AOL and Pogo.com are partners and AOL does share revenue with them via terms of our contracts. We are not the same company however.  Pogo.com is wholly owned by Electronic Arts,  the largest game publisher in the United States.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks ... at least I know why after being away for 2 weeks I can't access these games ... thought I was going mad!

Anonymous said...

how come i cant apply the free pass for my acount

Anonymous said...

hi i got 2 pogo screen names but cant access games but with 1  i get on line on 1 an go to super dominoes  an other name loads on     zorbo35

Anonymous said...

hi i got 2 pogo screen names but cant access games but with 1  i get on line on 1 an go to super dominoes  an other name loads on     zorbo35

Anonymous said...

I pay for club gogo games when I try to get bingo Laua I get a blck screen what causes this.

Anonymous said...

I have been a long time Club Pogo member and when I first started out I paid 19.99 for membership as the years have went on the price started jumping up 24.99 and now 39.99 for a yearly subscription and if you pay 5.99 monthly that totals 71.88 for the year!  That is ridiculous! We can't even have full access to play badges when we want. we have to wait until you have multipul personal badge weeks in order to play previous badges. Anyway I think it is a total rip off!! the price needs to come back down to 19.99!