Thursday, June 14, 2007

Just doing my job..

Hey there kids, another day and another item.  Today at AOL games we're getting ready for our mid-year evaluations.   My job has changed since I last filled out my evaluation so its like starting all over again.
Wasn't so bad as my boss is a sound person who had basically did my job for me by including in his goals my goals!  Boy was I psyched to see that!

I have some goals for the year that affect the public at large.  I really want to get people who player AOL games talking.  Its not easy,  but I think if we can get the tools out there then people will talk.
Totally changing the subject.....
AOL struggles sometimes with its past.  I'm trying to push them forward but it is hard.
There are so many people who get the web that work here,  but when fit into the constraints of the AOL culture they just get swallowed up.  I think in some sense there is a lack of leadership,  not from my boss,  but from higher up.  What the games team needs is some easy launches that we can feel good about.  We're in a state of being pushed so often that we don't always get to enjoy things when they are done. Sometimes it feels like we're constantly behind on our schedules?  How is that possible that we're always behind?  Doesn't make sense?   Small victories would be nice.
I really like it here, and I am excited to see where we end up!

No comments: