Monday, November 5, 2007

Got Java Problems? Learn how to get to square one!


We give people an answer that will fix 90% of peoples technical problems.  The real snafu occurs when the newest version of the Java software is what is causing the headache.  In that case,  folks have to GO BACK to the old version.   As you can imagine it is hard to get people to tell people "Ignore what I have been saying and go back"

Here is what I suggest you do.  I want to tell you up front.  it is going to be a mild pain and take some time,  probably 15 minutes.
1.  Got to your start menu.
2.  Click control panel
3.  Add Remove Programs
4.  Look for all the instances of Java on your computer (The logo is a little coffee cup)
5.  Uninstall them all.
6.  It is likely at this point that you'll have to restart you computer (I told you it was tedious)

What we are doing is removing ALL instances of Java.  This is the software that runs all the games on Pogo's site and many of the games on AOL games.  We are trying to get your computer to its most basic level with regards to the Java software.

After you have done all that uninstalling and restarting your computer,  log into  http://games.aol.com and access the games you want to play. 
What will happen is that when you go the game you want to play it will prompt you to download the Java version it requires to play.  Follow the prompts and accept the software. 
This should work.  (Just tried it and it worked for me, I used internet explorer 7.)

Please let me know how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am new to computers and a retired senior.  I saw your advertisement for FREE Solitaire games.  I tried to get the classic, simple, single player, old fashioned game but could not download.  It appears that there is no FREE anything in your ad.  Surely there must be some free Solitaire out there.
Mega

Anonymous said...

I just did everything you said, restarted and now can't even load jewel quest solitaire which was a game I wasn't having problems with - now what????